Please feel free to visit our sponsor:
|If menu doesn't load click here to use Site Map.|
Problems Vampires Have, Page 17
This has problems pertaining to dealing with "everyday" (everynight?) things for real vampires. It can get in a light vein, but I would prefer it to be mainly enlightening (jeez, can I quit with these day puns, already???) as to actual problems that vampires have to deal with on a day-to-day (aaarrrggghhh!!!) basis.
As a sanguinarian I find that the list of normal annoyances just seems to go on and on and on... lol
1. That damn thirst! That's pretty much all that's needed.
2. Stereotypes, oh man those are annoying. I don't let many people in onto the truth, but when they ask me if I can turn into a bat and have no reflection it can get really irritating.
3. Those damn lights! Thank goodness for sunglasses!
4. The lack of night jobs- what a pain. Even then, I'm a student, so I need to sleep at some point in time. Damn nocturnal habits, though they're not so bad right now, I find myself falling asleep all the time. Classes do that to you.
5. Vamping out or twoofing in public places, what a nightmare.
6. Definitely blood drives, I can't be around those. I feel really crappy about not donating, but I know if I step foot in one I'll have a hard time controlling myself. That'd be bad for my karma.
7. Outdoor sports. I play field hockey and reapplying sunblock every ten minutes is a huge pain. That and my coach won't let me wear tinted goggles. Oh well, I can't always have it my way.
8. Vampire slayers, what creepy people. I hate dealing with them. They never seem to understand that I don't seduce people and kill people for blood.
9. The never-ending search for a donor. I can never seem to find a permanent one. When a close friend (that's the only people I'll trust with the truth) becomes my donor, things will go great for a while, but inevitably we'll get really close to the point where it's almost a blood bond/ serious dating relationship, and that's just not healthy for either of us. I figure that this won't happen every time because people are different, but it has happened to me twice at the moment.
10. That damn thirst! It definitely deserved to make the list twice.
11. Migraines. Ewww.
12. Sometimes my sense of smell. I hate being able to tell when people are bleeding even if I'm quite a few feet away. And it's always creepy when you know you're friend has her period.
13. And last but not least, the loneliness You can never really get close to people and tell them the complete truth until you're sure you can trust them. And that takes a lot of time and doesn't always work out. I definitely feel like the loneliness that comes with being a sanguin can be far worse than the actual thirst itself sometimes.
Contributed by Mortecai, Morticai13 (at) aol.com
This is a common problem. Trying your hardest to not feed cause you know
no one will believe that you are a vamp. So instead you bite your toungue
or your lip and then you bite through and taste the blood. That kills
you. Because then you want it more and more and you just can't stop drinking
it. That sucks.
I have many problems with being a vamp. As a 20-year-old I'm in college and I must walk outside between classes and that hurts so much. My family thinks that I should seek some help. I know what's wrong with me I just can't do anything about it. My other problem was I was talking to a fellow female vamp and she claimed that I was a role player. Now I'm aware that names don't mean anything, but when someone acusses me of being a role player that's just hurtful.
Contributed by Cheryl
The thing that I hate is when every little Hot Topic kid who dyes their hair black, reads Interview With The Vampire and buys some plastic fangs thinks they are a vampire. When, yes, a lot of vampires wear black clothing and some wear plastic fangs. But the kids who go around telling everyone, "Hey, look at me. I'm going to tell you I'm a vampire and then bite my arm a few times to get attention", -- those are the type that annoy me. The people that I know, including myself, don't go around advertizing it to the world.
Contributed by Midnight Sun
I was at a little cafe with my friends and they were playing pool. I decided not to play but to watch the t.v., instead. As I turned to look at the t.v., flashing and neon lights flashed into my eyes, and I kind of jumped and covered my eyes (that was the worst headache I have had in a while). Then my friends came over and were like, "Are you ok?", and I just replied, "It's way too bright." I started to feed on some peoples' energy for a bit to see if that would help, but I guess it made the headache worse. I think I fed a little too much from the people playing pool next to my friends, and they started to get rude and (judging from how they looked) real tired. This caused problems between them and my friends, and we ended up leaving. It was the worst, especially since my friends themselves were now pissed.
Contributed by Alicole
Well, I'm 19 years old now, and like much of the populace, I've had orthodontal work (i.e. braces). This wouldn't be bad, y'know, straight teeth are always a good thing, but my orthodontist was a total asshole. When he took the braces off, he decided it would be a good idea to do something about my long, protruding canines... So he took out the grinder, without asking me anything, and proceeded to grind my fangs off! Of course, I would have nothing to do with this, so I struggled and tried to get out of the chair, actually biting him in the process and damaging the grinder (I have VERY strong teeth). He called two assistants over to hold me down, and I, being just a little girl, was unable to do much... So he got a NEW grinder and took my fangs off until they were the length of the rest of my teeth... It took him THREE different grinding wheels to do it; wore the other two out and almost the third. So I got out of the chair, gave him the most evil look possible, and stalked out. If I could afford it, I'd have sued him, but, alas, I can't afford a lawyer. Oh well, I have a set of vamp fangs from the store, so I'm good to go again!
Contributed by Dezmondia
Yes, we all know of those common place problems that seem to tackle us
daily into psychotic episodes, but I have found some that are not usually
spoken about, but are still just as much of a bitch to deal with.
Eerie America TV Series
Eerie America could very well be called The Fodors Travel Guidebook for The Addams Family. I read some in-depth information about the show and saw the promo, and from what I can tell, this will be an absolutely AWESOME series if they can get it off the ground. (I'm actually praying they will.) Let others know and see who can help. This is something that should happen! Let's pull together and make it so!
New Orleans Vampire Association
NOVA is a State Recognized Non-Profit Organization geared toward helping the homeless in the New Orleans area and working towards its greater goals, including a homeless shelter in the Greater New Orleans area.
If you would like to donate money, food, or supplies toward the cause, please click here for more info or to donate.
["The VCMB" Support Forums] - [Channel #Sanguinarius (Live Chat)]
Copyright © 1997 - Present, Sanguinarius -- Sanguinarius: The Vampire Support Page. All contents and materials on this site are copyrighted, and the property of Sanguinarius / Sanguinarius: The Vampire Support Page, unless otherwise noted, or copyrighted by their respective authors/creators. The various concepts presented hereon, including but not limited to Problems Vampires Have and the Vampire Guide, Tips and Advice and The Real Vampire Directory are the intellectual property of Sanguinarius. All submissions and contributions to Sanguinarius / Sanguinarius: The Vampire Support Page become the property of Sanguinarius, unless otherwise noted. All data and informations submitted to or gathered by Sanguinarius, Sanguinarius: The Vampire Support Page, and/or specific pages within, connected to, or operated in conjunction with, this site, as well as information gathered for research, opinion, or statistical purposes is the property of Sanguinarius. (Personal information will not be released without an individual's specific written permission, or as required by Law.)